Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Miami Is.... And That's What I Want

Always a trip, literally & figuratively when I gotta teach down in Miami, once again, the least likely place I am ever to be found on a vacation, road trip or anything concerning travel on my own volition. The shiny cars, the fancy style, the heat, it's everything I care not to concern myself with. But duty calls. Someday I gotta screen that call.

IMG_4225

CHAYCE!!!
IMG_4252

He's gotten so big. And he's talking and asking lots of questions. Granted no one can understand him but that doesn't stop him. He really is too cute and a handful I'm sure. Nothing April & Marcos can't handle tho. At least he's taking an early interest in sports.
IMG_4228

Here's the crew outside Ale House Friday night.
IMG_4233

Then we went to Focal Point to watch Michael's dance class
where Chayce also took over the dance floor.
IMG_4238

Saturday mornings are always a little rough.
IMG_4244

But when we smell Marcos cooking breakfast it gives
us that boost we know we'll need to make it thru the day.
IMG_4250

Spent a little time being creeped out by Chayce's vast array of Elmo toys.
IMG_4257

And then took a quiet moment to reflect on just why I come
down here so often, and what I am doing with this life.
IMG_4261

Taught the kids a ton of counts and I gave myself a wicked blood blister.
IMG_4292

For the evening we headed to Bahama Breeze for dinner. The grilled peppers stuffed with goat cheese was delectable. And for an entree I had the mango butter pan seared salmon. Eating healthy, here come the holidays.
IMG_4276

But this is the real reason I visit Miami.
IMG_4279

The genius chop-chop chefs...
IMG_4281

And mustard curry to die for.
IMG_4283

Now I can't wait to go back, but if someone can find me a recipe for this mustard curry, maybe I can save Braddock some money.

No comments: