Thursday, July 9, 2009

Anotha Wicket Fath

I think in all my life, with maybe the exception of Christmas at my parents house, I am never in the same place on the same day more than I am in Bristol on the 4th of July. We always assemble a posse of some sort and take to the streets causing havoc and riot round every corner.

Here is that posse.

IMG_7064

Ok so maybe no riot but we did run into these Clydesdales. Frigin huge.

IMG_7085

Right after that I managed to insert myself into the parade. I think I hopped into some kind of brotherhood or deaconship. Who knows. They didn't seem to mind too terribly.

IMG_7091

We took our usual route, south along Narragansett Bay, heading for downtown, a cozy little spot to watch the parade from, and quite lovely.

IMG_7096
IMG_7110

We got a little sidetracked when we saw our friend and fellow staff member Sean Mac out in the bay in an absconded dingy. Oh Sean you're crazy.

IMG_7108

Then we decided to grab some food at the Thames Waterside Bar & Grill. I order this...

IMG_7117

but traded Richie for this...

IMG_7116

A wise choice indeed.

We hurried off down some cross street to catch up with the corp who had already passed us in our lazy haze. We came around the corner with precision timing to catch their performance at the judges booth and then headed off thru the carnival and the buses.

IMG_7139
IMG_7145

We headed off to another parade and Greg, Daniel & I decided to ride the much quieter RV and maybe get a nap in. Since we weren't going to see any fireworks tonight, Daniel & Greg showed off some guns of their own.

IMG_7151

And then, as if that weren't enough excitement for one day, the staff bus threw it's hat in the ring and blew a gasket, causing a staff evacuation and relocation, onto our RV.

IMG_7156

But we made it to the Wakefield parade, another small town I'm all too familiar with, in time to catch the team pass by and hit our traditional Chinese take-in on Main Street.

IMG_7163
IMG_7165

The staff got a new bus, which Curtis & I took a photo of, or us in its hubcap anyway.

IMG_7173

That night Curtis & I serenaded and reminisced over earlier days working together to the tune of New Slang and of our past performances of Blackbird. Ah Memories.

IMG_7183

And since we were on a bus when the sun went leaving zero possibility for real fireworks here are some from the night before at the Bristol show. They still count.

IMG_7057
IMG_7060

No comments: