Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Riding With Cat Killers

I had heard rumblings from the Braddocks at WGI, something about this girl Allison I used to teach back in 2001 & 2002 and worked with more recently down in Boca. Apparently there was a rumor going around that she was in jail. Allison was always a sweet, well-mannered girl, so I thought it was some kind of inside joke or they were speaking in codes as they're known to do. But just the other day I received this article in my inbox, and I was stunned.

45924076

Apparently Allison had fled her apartment and left her two cats behind. Long story short, two long and foodless months later the police break in a find a grim scene... in their words...
"...her cats clawed up the apartment in a frantic search for food as they starved for up to a month before they died. The corpses then rotted in the filthy apartment about a month before an apartment manager found them."

Allison. Really?

I read on to find that each count of felony cruelty to animals carries up to five years in prison.

Here's the last time I saw Allison back in January 2008. She drove me from Boca to Braddock.

(01) Travis & Allison in the car

Looks like we were having fun. This is just further proof that everyone in Florida is bonkers. Everyone.

1 comment:

kheli said...

love that whole story