Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Let The Right One In

This week off I've made a vow to catch up on some movies I've been dying to see. Today I chose Let The Right One In. I had heard good things about this from reliable sources like.... Amon, but he hasn't led me astray yet...

ltroi_poster

And he still hasn't. I been bugging Laura about seeing this film, but she said it looked scary and she "don't do scary" so I was forced to watch it alone. I will recommend it to her one more time, now that I've seen it and can vouch for its unscariness. That ain't a word.

lettherightonein-1

I hesitate to explain what the movie is about because if I drop certain words it will immediately either turn you off, or turn you onto seeing the film, in all the wrong ways mind you. Words like subtitles. (Oops I already lost some of you huh?) Let's try... teenage bullies? (intrigued?) How about Swedish vampire? (and there goes everyone else) Ha! Well, all I can ever do is tell you that it's a amazing film, the two young leads, Kåre Hedebrant & Lina Leandersson literally carry this whole film throughout and I hope to see them in something else soon.

Some more screen shots:

oskar1
2008_let_the_right_one_in_001
2LETRIGHTONEIN_STILL04
let_the_right_one_in_photo2
1-let2

News: I hear they're remaking this for American audiences with the guy who directed Cloverfield. I don't know whether to be happy more people will see this story, albeit a butchered version, or to be depressed that I live in a place where people are really too lazy to read subtitles and rather just see stuff blow up. Also, remakes are for movies that didn't fulfill their potential first time around or could benefit from an updated version. Let The Right One In is neither nor.

No comments: