Saturday, April 18, 2009

Moving Mountains

...one rock at a time.

With the nice weather upon us and in hopes to jump start some more conversations as to our redesign of the yard this summer, we got out there yesterday morning and started some actual work. First we mapped out where we're thinking of putting an enclosed vegetable garden and Laura actually broke ground.

IMG_4466

I brought in the backhoe to clear some land.

IMG_4480

Ha! I kid. That's not my backhoe. But we do want to blaze a new path from the driveway to the house so that we can have a bigger, less interrupted front lawn, so I decided that I should at least clear the area in question as to possibly give us a clearer understanding of just what we're dealing with. So I spent most of the day moving giant boulders from here...

IMG_4500

...to here...

IMG_4502

[sigh]

This blog has officially hit an all time low.

No comments: