Monday, February 16, 2009

New Puppy For Estlers

My mom's been wanting a new dog and was planning on rescuing a boxer from Arizona or somewhere, but she was a little nervous about never meeting the the puppy before they had to make commitment. By luck Laura & I passed a house earlier in the week with a large sign out front that read...

P1130397

Serendipitous! I forwarded the number on to Jackson and by Saturday evening a meeting was scheduled. Sunday morning my parents drove up along with Tyler to [hopefully] meet their new dog. Ed & Carol Meyer were also in town for some sort of Elk Club/VFW thing in Mt. Pocono, so they swung by as well.

P1130438

We took two cars over to the residence. Laura & I rode with the Meyers and heard all about their weekend with old folks, eating and sleeping and playing naked bingo twister. The Meyers are a little off.

P1130393

I'm sure they did not expect seven people to show up to see this puppy, nonetheless there we were, ringing the doorbell, seven people, two cameras, I'm sure they were ecstatic about it. But we were brief. My parents fell in love instantly and a quick exchange of papers and we were off again, this time with a little boxer pup.

P1130401
P1130441
P1130432
The mother

Laura wanted to take the big one home that they named Tank.

P1130418

He did well, saving the poop for our backyard and playing and sleeping and doing puppy things.

P1130450
P1130455

Everyone had to get going pretty quickly, but we had time for some pizza and catch up. But I'm glad my parents got a new puppy. That house needs a dog. I just hope they don't name him Wellington.

No comments: