Monday, February 2, 2009

Meanwhile In Punxsutawney

Phil has spoken. Or chirped. Or moaned. Or maybe he just saw. Or he didn't see. I don't know. This holiday is confusing. Either way it's official: 6 more weeks of winter, and I honestly don't mind one bit. We purposefully moved up here into the snow and the cold and I say bring it on. I mean I could've told you winter wasn't over when I looked out my window this morning and saw a foot and a half of snow on the ground. But I am expecting just a couple more snow storms, I believe starting tonight. I haven't had my fill yet. Do your worst Old Man Winter.

And did you know there's actually a whole bunch of these groundhogs making predictions all over the place? I found 12 of them and some had opposing predictions. It ended up 8-4 in favor of more winter with Malverne Mel, Dunkirk Dave, Staten Island Chuck and Saskatoon Evan all lacking a shadow. The majority was with the one and only Punxsutawney Phil, with his backers Buckeye Chuck, Shubenacadie Sam, Wiarton Willy, Octoraro Orphie, Woodstock Willie, Balzac Billy and the most original moniker of the bunch, Jimmy the Groundhog. We gotta get out to one of these Groundhog Day festivals. Looks kinda fun.

No comments: