Monday, February 2, 2009

I Got The 23!

Good game. Had all the bells & whistles that come along with a Super Bowl, the longest run back in Bowl history with James Harrisons goal line interception, a great 4th quarter comeback by the Cardinals, two great passing games, and a safety to boot. Even tho the team I was rooting for did not come away with it, the game was still quite entertaining and I predicted half right, Cardinals did score 23. Not as good as last year... let's not get crazy now. I usually rely on most of the nights enjoyment to come from the infamous Bowl commercials, but nothing blew me away. A chuckle or two, I may have zoned out a few times tho.

Some of the evenings highlights:
  • the tonedeaf vocals, tuneless guitar solo, and cross stage knee slide resulting in a camera crotch close-up for the ages, all adding up to the best Super Bowl performance I've ever seen

  • movie previews for Year One (Jack Black & Michael Cera) & Land Of The Lost (Will Ferrel)

  • the gall of Pepsi insinuating that this Will.I.Am is the modern day Bob Dylan

  • the idiocy of Coke, using their million dollar spot to remind us why not to bring their saccharine beverage to a picnic

  • I was really enjoying the commercial starring David Abernathy, seemed almost like a movie trailer, possibly something I may see someday, until I realized it was just a commercial for an online car dealership

  • the episode of The Office that followed

And thus comes to an end another season of the NFL. See ya in September. Go Mets!

No comments: