Monday, July 28, 2008

Vs. Marlins / Ibañez

After winning the series against the Cardinals, 3 homeruns & Santana's complete game the Mets should be on quite a high going into Dolphin Stadium for a three game series with the Marlins. The Marlins are in 3rd place but only two games behind, and with the Phillies playing the Nationals these are must win games if the Mets wanna stay in 1st. John Maine goes tonight. Ya never know what he's gonna do.

The end of this series brings the last chance to make a trade before the deadline and Mets have been showing some interest in a experienced outfielder. Although I have been quite enjoying the exploits of Fernando Tatis, the uncertainty of Ryan Church's return and the mysterious disappearance of Moises Alou has left me feeling a little uneasy. I think they're gonna need help if they plan on getting deep into October. The only name I've heard consistently is that of Raúl Ibañez from the Mariners. Don't know much about the guy but I will be checking out some Mariners highlights the next few nights to see what I can see. If not, there's always ManRam. :)

No comments: