Saturday, June 23, 2007

Semi-packed and hardly ready
to go, now I just sit & wait. Today has been full of awful Saturday afternoon movies (Jumanji, A Knights Tale) so I guess going out on tour is better than watching those. I have been caught up in my new/old obsession; music. Lotsa new stuff recently, just a little more work & ALOT less money. So that's good & nice.

Want a little preview of my next 12 days on Earth?
Okay then:
I leave tonight to meet the crew at Milton HS in Alpharetta Georgia. From there we travel down to Alabama where we have a "free day" at some water park. Yea! my favorite form of human cesspool. We stay in god forsaken Alabama overnight for a show on Monday, then slip up to Lexington KY for another performance. At this point I will probably like to kill myself or at least some of the people around me. On Wednesday we have the beloved and adored "Music Is Cool" clinic. Those are always a treat.We finally escape the South on Thursday when we get to Cumberland MD for a rehearsal day. Fran also flies out tonight to spend a day or two with my parents and our cats. Lucky! But here is where I will probably get most of my work done, because Friday is another MIC clinic and a show at the same place. At least we get to sleep on the floor a couple of these nights.
Saturday is another clinic, but this time at Giants Stadium, which only amplifies the lunacy. But that's when Fran & my parents come & I hear my Uncle Ted & his fiance Carol may check things out. Sunday has something to do with a laundry day & a standstill performance so maybe that means Fran & I can get away, either to NYC or out with my parents. We will see on that one. Now we head up to Fort Edwards NY for just another show, but maybe it'll be cooler. Plus I think there's an ice cream stand right next to the stadium. Big plus.
Now's where the fun begins. From there we head off to Bristol for a big ol' frigin 4th of July celebration, the likes of which are rarely seen outside the New England area. A show on Tuesday night followed by two parades Wednesday morning, bringing us to Wakefield MA (old stomping grounds) for a show that night. Thursday we are set free in Boston to do as we wish until our flight that night. Then home sweet home.
So that's it. Hopefully it all goes that smoothly. I don't think I'll have access to a computer while I'm there so there may a be a lull in the posting for the time being. Maybe you can expect something from the Mrs. before she leaves. She does have some exciting things coming up. But if not, I'm sure we'll have stories/photos to share when we return.
til then...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey...Alabama is not THAT bad...plus, you do actually know someone who lives in Alabama. Thanks for letting me know you were here ASSHOLE!!

Whitney