Friday, June 22, 2007

Back, Briefly

Back. For a day or two. Then I'm headed out on the road with the corp. Should be a fun little stint. Alabama, Kentucky, West Virginia; you know, the exciting states. But Fran meets me at the Giants Stadium show and stays with us thru the 4th of July festivities, which is usually pretty neat-O. Bristol RI, a day in Boston, yes, we look forward to that.

Buffalo was just fine. Vinnie is nuts as ever. The kids are sweet and they're improving. Probably my favorite group since I been going to the O.P. back in 2005. Thinking about heading back up there in July some time to work with Vinnie's other group Eastburg. As usual, that's all up in the air right now. But it is a good gig; quick, low-profile, nice kids, free food, seedy motels. I think amidst my ongoing attempt at escape from the guard world this might be one worth trying to hold on to.

But for now I'm home (Acworth, GA), which is the best imaginable situation for me. Always more than happy to see my lovely wife hiding in the crowds at the airport, even if we do argue* about ice cream cake all the way home (I wanted one, she didn't). But what does she know? She has motorcycle hallucinations.

*I hesitate to use the word argue in this instance because what Fran & I do really cannot qualify as an argument. It's more of a spirited shouting sprinkled with ridiculous & silly insults and usually leading to even more ludicrous assertions, causing us both to become stupefied with our twisted logic and where it's led the conversation/argument, therefore forcing us to realize what buffoons we can be and leaving neither of us with a clue about what we were talking about in the first place. We love each other.

No comments: