Friday, June 10, 2011

The First Five Shots

We are not kind to cameras. The Lumix DMC-FZ7 has been our day to day shoot-all for a couple years now. We've been making by with the cell phone fanciness for travel purposes to try and keep the Lumix safe, but even that semi-limited usage has taken its toll. It still has a handful of sessions left in it, but we're not gambling folks. With our photo taking habits, it would be too risky to be playing without an understudy.

Enter the Nikon D5000. Nikon has just put out their new cameras, one being the upgrade of the D5000, making it an unstocked sale item across the board. Throw together a few member discounts and some space on a store credit card and that bad boy was shipped to our front door before we could get excited about it. I'm not much on camera specifics, despite my extensive Graphics I education junior year, but this thing seems to be pretty powerful.

DSC_0005

I've got a 236 page instruction manual to flip thru that I really am going to try and do this time around. It would be nice to know what all these buttons do.

DSC_0001
DSC_0006
DSC_0004
DSC_0007

Those were my first five shots. I haven't read the manual yet.

No comments: