Tuesday, November 2, 2010

At Risk Of Sounding Bandwagonesque

Brian-Wilson-and-Cody-Ros-006

It is well documented, in my mind, that the San Francisco Giants have long been my B-team. Back in the days of Will Clark & Matt Williams, maybe it's the lingering New York affiliation, or how they and the Mets share the same NY logo, I've always had an unseen fondness towards the bayside team.

So while I'm not jumping up and down after last night, I'm in a good mood this morning. All these dudes who've been floating around the league for years, playing on teams less than zero, getting released and by chance getting picked up. These guys are misfits. I been watching Cody Ross hit game winners of the Mets for years, all to no avail. I remember despising Edgar Renteria all those years when he was on the Marlins & Braves, and thinking during the league series "why are they playing they playing this washed up old geezer?". Then he gets the hits that win two of the world series games including a three run homerun last night. And Brian Wilson in his postgame interview when asked how he felt after the win said, "I feel rage, right now!". You gotta like that.

And you gotta like a city who knows how to celebrate.

sf-riots-1
sf-riots-2

Let's go Mets.

No comments: