Friday, July 16, 2010

You Can Never Call Me A Pessimist

This week was rough, but I decided to seek out the positive in it. Day by day:


MONDAY

I woke up with the beesting, fully swollen to the back of my head and not feeling all that spiffy. I decided to stay home and try and sleep it off, but after Laura made a trip to the pharmacy and had a brief yet effective phone conversation with my mother, I was informed I would be checking into the emergency room.

The Upside: I updated my tetanus vaccine and got plastered on benadryl and slept more than I have in years.


TUESDAY

Again, woke swollen and stayed home. But didn't submit to the drowsiness and instead went crazy on the house and tore it apart. Moved the computer desk downstairs, and pulled all the boxes of CDs out of the laundry room. Worked myself into a tizzy making up for the guilt of not going into actual work.

The Upside: After that didn't resolve any of the space issues we decided to finally take the plunge and get a storage space, followed by a birthing class, and on subject found out Gabuk had kittens in the doghouse. Five of them.


WEDNESDAY

Actually Wednesday was okay.


THURSDAY

I was back to work and made a run down to Fuller's, a plater run by two brothers, neither younger than 85, and after he almost killed himself and spilled a 3,500lb skid of steel bars on my foot, all because they use a forklift older than them. In the home stretch on Main Street Strousdburg the load shifted at the light and burst thru the particle board box sliding all over the truck bed. Another couple of inches and bars would've slid right thru a Ford Taurus' window. I spent the next hour picking up each 75lb bar one by one and placing them in a makeshift box. I left work 2 hours late.

The Upside: I got some fresh air and met all of the lunch rush hour of downtiown Stroudsburg and their middle fingers.


FRIDAY

Another anxiety attack when a stack of slideaway stairs cracks thru their wooden skid and I'm still an hour from the plant. A quick tightening and then I learned to drive while looking thru the sideview mirror.

The Upside: I didn't spend a moment in the plant counting shit and I have nothing to do tonight. Burritos & baseball!

No comments: