Saturday, March 6, 2010

Still Snow So Slow Going

I'm home and in slippers. My body's weary. I'd like to remove my parts and soak them in alternating hot & cold water for the rest of the day, leaving my torso to just flop about in bed while I scan between sports and awful weekend daytime movies. Rough week. Next week will probably be more of the same, and I've gotta drive to Lancaster tomorrow to teach all day. Looking forward to next weekend where the wife & I officially have an off weekend. Starting around noon on Saturday that is.

Best part about this weekend was someone got a hold of the satellite radio and locked it on the 80's station. Man I miss that stuff! I forgot how good some of those songs were, even the bad ones, and I've vowed to bombard my iTunes library with everything 80's. When this will happen? Who knows. But I started keeping a list of good tunes in my back pocket during work so I wouldn't forget any. This list includes, but is not limited to:
  • Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
  • Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
  • Mr. Mister - Kyrie
  • Cyndi Lauper - She Bop
  • Real Life - Send Me An Angel
  • Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
  • Kim Wilde - Kids In America
  • Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen
  • Naked Eyes - Always Something There To Remind Me
  • Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
  • Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well
  • Huey Lewis & The News - If This Is It
Weird list.. hmm

She's finally starting to look pregnant. I took a random photo last night and on second glimpse I saw a protruding baby bump. I'd put it up here but it's NSFW. Instead here's a large photo of me yawning shortly after I discovered the baby bump, because despite the excitement, it was time for bed.

Today will be about working on the computer, catching up with bills, doing the laundry, washing the dishes, cleaning the bedroom, bagging up all the garbage... this place is unsightly! Winter's end does that to you I think. You look at the dirty clothes on the bedroom floor or the dishes piling up in the sink and you think "Oh but it's so warm under this blanket". So there they sit. But the snow is melting and the cats are scratching at the windows so it's that time. I think they call it "spring cleaning". But while there's still snow on the ground, I ain't in no hurry.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

what about Come on Irene"...still picture you and your sister running around the house when the music got faster...mom