Thursday, September 18, 2008

Here's To Mindless Films

Was waiting for wifey to get out of work the other day after rehearsal ended early. Had like 4 hours to kill so I figured I'd catch a film, but god forbid I see anything she wants to see while she's at work.

Burn After Reading?
Out of the question.

New Woody Allen film?
Do I even need to ask?

What else was left? The Women? No thanks. Bangkok Dangerous starring Nicholas Cage? Is this that dire a situation? I'd rather sleep in the parking lot.

So I decided on Tropic Thunder.


Not bad. Silly Ben Stiller movie. Robert Downey Jr. was awesome playing a Russel Crowe type actor who undergoes surgery to make himself into a black man to play in the movie, in the movie. Jack Black delivered classic one liners as usual, playing a crack addict only made it better. Ben Stiller was funny, playing his typical over the top jackass type actor (Tom Cruise), he does that too well. There were milliseconds of hilarity naturally followed by played out shtick, but I give it a 3 out 5 stars for knowing it's place and not trying to be more than it needed. Yeah, I had a few belly laughs. So, good night.

Oh! and Tom Cruise was in the movie as well, trying all too hard to show everyone how he can laugh at himself all the while wreaking of desperation. Kinda pathetic dude.

No comments: