Monday, September 22, 2008

Closing Stadiums

Last night was the last night a game will be played at Yankee Stadium. I didn't really think much of it, not being a huge Yankee fan myself (I still like to see them beat the Red Sox) so I didn't plan on watching, and just as well because we had a lot of catching up to do with our latest obsession.....


Anyhow, I caught the highlights of the evening on this mornings' Sportscenter. It seemed like a pretty special nite and it was done with a modicum of hoopla and seemingly, a lotta love. It's a sadder day than I had expected.


Shea starts it's final homestand tonight. Lucky us, we'll be there. This will be our view.


Rally towel night. I'm kinda over the fact that the Mets have been playing themselves into oblivion again. They're hanging by a thread, but I'm not gonna let it bother me one bit. Just gonna show up tonight, root for whoever really, and just hope it's a good game. Go Mets. Go Cubs. And go home.

No comments: