Thursday, June 24, 2010

Danger Napping With Dirty Hands

I made a mistake today.

I had a lot of yardwork to do. The unfun stuff. Raking. It seems the more I rake the more there is to rake. But on the way home I stopped by the home depot to buy me a new hammock. We have one but it's kinda icky. A hammICK. Ha! I hung it up right when I got home. And twisted the screws into the trees. I measured the lengths of chain and I hung with care. So how do you test a hammock, just to make sure it's right?

IMAG0543

It wasn't a long nap. Only moments. I miss my afternoon naps. Haven't had one in awhile. But I had a rake waiting.

----------

This job is panning out. Transitioning away from the inventorial and into the solo excursions. I hit the road on my own today, much to my own surprise. Trusting folk. And I wasn't nervous at all. I was pretty awesome if I do say so myself, having never driven a rig before. I don't know if what I got is technically a rig, but I'm calling it one. I'm a rigger.

IMAG0529

But man is this world of backwoods plants a dark and devious one. I've already met some shady shady characters and it makes me smile. I was in a place today that powder coats and it must've been 150 degrees in there and the dudes looked like skeletons. Closest to hell I've ever been. I don't know how they do it. And I don't know how I get so dirty. I bought a brand new pair of jeans on Tuesday and they're already filthy. Like proper filthy. I look like Daniel Plainview.

IMAG0540

This is after I washed my hands.

No comments: