Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Unexpected Sad

I had to return my Smooth-On uniforms today. I won't miss them. I wanted to say bye to a few peeps, like Broccoli Rob & Alja-Safe Sean, but I didn't expect what I got. I got a handful of "congratulations", a few "we'll miss you"s and even a random "Happy Fathers Day!". But I also got tears. Tears and a hug. A hug that wouldn't stop, even when it got awkward. All this from Erin, the woman that made sure I knew how much she despised me and cursed my existence each and every day. Just goes to show you, everyone needs an adversary. I peeked in to say buhbye to my coworkers I saw everyday for the past four months, but when Sara came down from her post and hurried towards me, arms open, I hightailed it. And I did. I ran all the way down the hall, out the door and into my car. I heard some yells about "keep in touch" and "baby shower", but all I could get out was "Thanks buhbye". Guess I was excited.

IMAG0521

Relieved is more the word. I immediately noticed the sun had come up, and tho I had yet to get to work that day and had the whole shebang in front of me, I was jovial. And just to remember my days here at the Smooth-On, I took some souvenirs, things I used on a daily basis, no matter how unnecessary they were for the job.

P1190822

No comments: