Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nail In The Proverbial Coffin

For crying out loud! I tuned in real quick on the way home from rehearsal last night just to see how the Metsies were faring against the mighty Cardinals. 4 to 7 in the 5th. Wow, not bad. Would be nice to try and win some games before the road trip. So you can imagine my surprise when I got home and checked in the see the final score and saw not only had they somehow [not surprisingly] blown the lead in the 9th inning but were now in extra innings and down by one after Green hit a batter with the bases loaded on his first pitch. Classic. Now that the bases were still loaded and Albert Pujols was up, the leagues leader in homeruns, grand slams, meatball heroes, high fives, everything really. So I left. Because I knew what was about to happen.

And it did. The St. Louis papers are calling it the best win of the season. Ouch. No one wants to see their team lose like that. Mets have had a crap enough season, don't know if they'll come back from this one. Could very well have been the nail in the coffin. And they can just bury me with it.

How many days til the NFL season starts?

No comments: