Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bizarre Bazaar

IMG_0816

It's truly criminal that we live so close to this world renowned flea market and after 15 months are still yet to go. So when Laura actually woke up before noon yesterday and I noticed that the weather was that of heavy condensation, I figured today might be a good one to go check it out and avoid the crowds. Plus I really needed to start looking for a new crossbow.

IMG_0830

Where else can a man go when he's strapped for time and has to pick up Amish corn salsa, a hermit crab, an antique pistol, a tiny stuffed dog, an ermine skull, a mouse in a coal car, some fireworks and let's seee... oh yeah a dirty rubber boob?

IMG_0867
IMG_0846
IMG_0850
IMG_0825
IMG_0863
IMG_0847
IMG_0826
IMG_0819

And all for bargain prices!

My favorite has to be the random photos of strangers for sale.

IMG_0894

Who wouldn't want this guy adorning the wall of their study. A great conversation piece.

What's this?

IMG_0831

Me either.

Always on the hunt for some new glasses.

IMG_0897
IMG_0828
IMG_0822

This Expos hat is always a conversation piece, but yesterday it led to meeting an actual Expo. Not that that's exciting or anything, but interesting.

IMG_0844

My new friend Bill Barrett played centerfield on and off from '81-'84. Now he runs a video game booth at the Pocono Bazaar, where they claim to have every game console in human existence. I should get me an Atari. Do I get the Expo fan discount?

IMG_0833

We came home with a few treasures. Laura found a soft & lovely yellow sweater.

IMG_0908

Look how happy she is in it.

I found a couple books I may or may not flip thru in my lifetime.

IMG_0935

And this Hull casserole dish.

IMG_0937

We should do this more often.

No comments: