Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Finalsly

Finals day... I popped out of bed, Alex's bed since I had none and Alex got a hotel with Tony, at the sound of bass drums, an apparent corp tradition to be woken up on your final day as rudely as possible. So I was up, and off to hit the bathrooms before the rush. And a rush it was. There's usually a ton of people here for finals rehearsal, but this was extreme, mainly because of the 75th. I'm lucky I got a donut for breakfast.

Then off to the field for finals day ceremonies. George gets everyone out on the field for a little cryfest while volunteers get up and talk about the experience and all... it's nice. Katie killed on hers. Not a dry eye in the house.

IMG_8882

But spirits picked up during sectionals because it was Daniel's birthday and Carrie got him an ice cream cake. A Batman ice cream cake!

IMG_8904

Ensemble went on and we quickly found ourselves back in warm up park getting, well, warm. It was the hottest day of the summer in Indy. Go figure. Thank God for the dome tonight. Here's the tech crew who deserve all the credit for a great season.

IMG_8920

Stretching in the field.

IMG_8923

I'd say the most difficult part of the evening was attaching those corsages.

IMG_8929
IMG_8946

A little practice run.

IMG_8953

Once more into the fray.

IMG_8961

And tears afterwards.

IMG_8970

A shot I'm making a yearly tradition.

IMG_8980

A rough attempt at a guard staff shot. I'll have to get a copy of someone elses. Nice job Casey.

IMG_8984

And I did run into Jessie Gasson in the parking lot again, this time with a camera.

IMG_8997

And some old friends from Cadets days of yore, Carrie, Lynn & Amy.

IMG_9001

The rest of the staff returned to a hotel that George got us, freshened up and headed back out. But not me. I watched Sportscenter and enjoyed a cushy bed. It's my way. So an excellent finals, excellent run, excellent group of kids I won't soon forget.

No comments: