Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Lull

We've hit a brick wall.

That evokes a bit of a violent image. Let's call it a lull. Yes. You see, every waking moment not spent at some "job" has been spent working on this house, and I know, "that's the responsibility that comes along with being a homeowner" blah blah blah blah blah, but man! There was a week or so there where we were pulling 21 hour days. Up at 4am, to bed after midnight. And lately we are just exhausted. I can't bring myself to open one more box. I don't wanna unpack another thing and I'm afraid if I need to pick up the drill again I may drill a hole thru my brain. I'm serious!

Today by chance we both have the day off. We're gonna have a nice big breakfast and then see what we can see about getting this place put together and put an end to this squalor. Or we may just lie in bed all day and watch The Office. Let me go rustle her and we'll see what happens...

No comments: