Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Badminton Is The Only Good

Ok so I saw some of the Olympics, maybe because I feel an overwhelming urge to support our country in such turbulent times, or maybe because nothing else is on, or maybe because it's on every other channel and I kinda can't escape it. Either way...

First thing I saw was women's water polo. It was like walruses playing soccer. I'm not saying they were fat, I mean they're Olympic athletes. It was just the slowest thing I have ever experienced. Like a slug race. Terrible.

Then we went to some handball. I admit, I don't get it. Is it like soccer with your hands? Is it like basketball? Why not just play basketball? People think of everything. It's like I say "I made up a new sandwich. It's like a regular sandwich just with the turkey & mustard on the outside of the bread" Yeah, it tastes the same just looks different. It's stupid.

I watched some women's softball. Looks more like a uniformed hissy fit than anything resembling baseball. I hear it's being removed from the Olympics after this year. I can see why.

I caught some men's gymnastics. That was sick. I was happy for the Americans when they got third. I've never seen anyone celebrate a bronze medal like that. But I'm afraid they lost me when they went all ghetto near the end shouting colloquialisms such as "dat's how we do it!" and "Wut Up USA!". Go America :|

I have to say my favorite so far has been the badminton. These cats are sick. They're like standing five feet apart and slapping the birdie back and forth crazy fast and being so dead serious about it. It's like "who are these giants on the tennis court?". It comes off like a Kids in the Hall skit. At first I thought we were watching Comedy Central. Brilliant. I'd like some more of that please.

No comments: