Monday, August 18, 2008

Day Off = Bad TV


Everytime we both have the day off and really decide to do nothing we end up watching these awful television shows, which of course usually ends up being part of a marathon. I mean I have sat thru way too much America's Next Top Model, What Not To Wear, Bridezillas; the list goes on and on, each one worse than the last. And now it's Jon & Kate Plus 8. But this one is different. This one I didn't physically want to hang myself. It's kind of endearing in a way. Kate is anal to a fault and treats Jon like he's one of the kids, and Jon is the typical American middle-aged man, overly concerned over his receeding hairline and the next time he'll be able to fit in 9 holes. And the kids are cute and surprisingly not obnoxious. I found myself laughing and awing and being in a general state of amazement over their day-to-day lives. Throw in some hamburgers and Weis cream and you got yourself a day off for the books.

No comments: