Monday, January 14, 2008

Sleepy-Headed Sum-Up

I'm home. A day late, but no worse for the wear. But I'm going on next to no sleep so I'm gonna summarize.

Left April's Tuesday to stay with Daniel in Coral Springs. Fun fact for all you trivial pursuit geeks; it's illegal to cut down trees in Coral Springs. Anyhow, there to teach Stoneman Douglas. Good kids, internal issues.

dscn8034
Here's Daniel in what can only be described as a "sultry pose"

dscn8037
Michael sleeping at Stoneman near a duck

dscn8064
A Stoneman Douglas runthru

I was also in town to teach the all too adorable West Boca collective. Those girls are a little off. They're nutso, but nutso is better than contemptuous so I didn't mind one bit. Plus I gotta to teach with my favorite Cadet ever Allison Dinsmore.

dscn8041
Emily, Michelle & Christina from West Boca

We managed to get over to Amy Hernandez's for an evening of Domino's and Wii, so what could have been better than that. Amy is always entertaining and this evening proved to be no disappointment.

dscn8043
Amy & Daniel are B.F.F.

dscn8049
My Mii (handsome huh?)

Then it was back to Braddock. Marc was in town so this was going to be an interesting weekend. And it was. A relatively counter-productive 14 hour Saturday rehearsal followed by an amazingly efficient 3 hour rehearsal Sunday, that guard is crazed.

dscn8087
Alex performs a feat of strength

dscn8094
A lone flag spins

Mario & Monica drove me to airport, but due to the possibility of a massive storm up north, late flights were cancelled, and I walked into a swarm of angry vacationers clamoring to bump up to an earlier flight. I was standby so I knew I wasn't going anywhere. Luckily my bestest bud from back in Boston, Hayden, lived just near the airport and he & Monica came & picked me up. So after a harrowing ordeal, near riots, and the inept JetBlue staff almost sending my luggage home without me, I was let loose on the South Florida streets again.
Hayden & I went to a grocery store where we bought macaroni & cheese, chicken strips, and flirted with the bakery lady for free cookies & donuts. We then returned home to wax poetic about our days past and watch Adult Swim.

dscn8114
Hayden enjoying his free cookie

All in all, good week, saw lotsa people this time, that's always the goal. It's retarded how many people I know down there. Miami, probably the most unlikely place in this world that I would desire to visit.

No comments: