Monday, January 21, 2008

Let's see..

...let's see, let's see...

A couple things.

Congratulations to my father! His new business license showed up last week and now he can be his own boss, every man's dream. Things can only get better from here on out. We celebrated with a cake.
(04) just rite cake

Saw Cloverfield yesterday. I had been itching to see this one since it first appeared on Apples movie trailer site (highly recommended for those who like to get a jump on upcoming films) back in like October. I have to say it did not disappoint. Of course it won't win any awards or anything but I thought it was brilliantly done. With a minimum of forced plot developments, a convincing & understated cast, what I thought was superb special effects editing, and ya know, I was actually impressed with the originality of the "monster". It was thinking persons suspense film, like old Hitchock stuff, and whoever made that party's playlist is tops in my book. 4 out of 5 stars.


Now, I may still be in shock on this one but, I think the New York football Giants are going to the Super Bowl. Yesterday's game was kind of a blur, but yeah, I think they won. I'm not sure what to make of it. Of course I'm gonna be rooting for them in two weeks but, I'm not gonna get all bent out of shape if they don't beat the Belichiks. Their season is already more of a victory then any Giants fan could have asked for, and all I can say is "Tiki who?"

Here's me and Fran watching the all too predictable Patriots-Chargers game.
(24) nappers

And here's some pad thai we made the other night.
(07b) the pad thai

No comments: