Friday, April 11, 2014

Sleep Teasers


It was Friday, and I finished work early, looked over and saw BOTH kids passed out. (Yuula is under the green blanket) I thought I had earned a little 'me-time', even if it had to be taken in close proximity to the sleepers. I decided I'd watch a movie, one that Laura wouldn't ever want to see, and that Yuula wouldn't ever let me. After 20 minutes of searching thru my options it came down to the new Hobbit and the new Superman, neither was I necessarily excited about viewing but more thrilled by the defiant act of self-serving a much needed hefty dose of PG-13 violence and action movie drama into my mushy lullaby brain. 

And before the opening credits were finished they both woke up crying; Aesop because he wanted milk and Yuula because she was confused by how she even got into the nap she woke up from. 

Next time...

Then this happened...

and this... and then we slept.

No comments: