Friday, April 25, 2014

36 Time's The Charm

This is my wife getting so gussied up for my birthday that she felt the need to take a selfie. And I have to hang out with this all day....

Then this happened. So far, off to a bad start.

But then we got these two bamboo rocker/swivel chairs, originally $125 and talked down to $65 for both. Birthday bargain.

We decided that since we were celebrating we would check out the infamous Saen, best Thai in the Poconos. 

Aesop does not like pahd Thai

Fried banana was the first dessert of the day

Good, quite good, but we still like Thai Orchid in all it's boring glory.

Best part of the day was lost in Child's park, closed for years now open to the public and ready for exploring. I have tons more photos from the trails and falls, but that'll come another day when the news is slow.

The water was cold. Snow still melting.

Boy likes the wilderness.

A woodsy family shot.

Instead of going home for the planned dinner, we struck out in the rain for Sycamore Grille. I eat for free on my birthday so, try and talk us out of it.

I had the chicken medallions sprinkled with feta, sun-roasted tomatoes, and spinach, drizzled with a wine sauce and served with green beans and a three-cheese polenta cake. I don't know what anyone else got because I was in a heavy bliss. 

Dessert #2 was the ridiculicious lemon/blueberry marscapone they serve at the ol' SG. Worth the price of admission alone, we split one, because dessert #3 was still waiting at home.

By the time we got home and changed into pajamas everyone was asleep or on the verge. I tried to get Yuula downstairs for cake and she followed me to the top of the stairs but then collapsed in a desperate yawn of exhaustion. I carried her back to bed, headed downstairs and ate some ice cream cake by the light of the fridge. But I was not sad. I couldn't be. That was the best birthday I have ever had.

No comments: