Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Landmine Is Me

The following story is a completely true retelling of a very recent occurrence with zero dramatic flair. Seriously.

ray-bradbury_M_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85

So, I'm about to take our lunch break, getting ready go downstairs and make myself and Yuula a sandwich and smoothie (classic) and I check out the Facebook to see if Brust has responded to my morning inquiry of his current listening habits. I notice on the scroll that Ray Bradbury has passed away. I frown. I remember reading Fahrenheit 451 my freshman year of high school and thinking "wow, maybe I do like books after all". I know, an ironic thought given the novels subject matter. Nonetheless, I guess I hold Ray and that book in particular partially responsible for me not becoming a total illiterate. Bradbury after all was the man that said "If you don't like what you're doing, then don't do it." Enlightening words for the unenlightened.

Now, I've been shuffling thru my playlist all morning, as I am known to do while I do the work thing. I find the shuffle feature gives the greatest return of possible new interests and keeps my ear palate cleansed for ultimate open-mindedness whilst in search of the next life-altering tune. Almost simultaneous to my discovery of the passing of Ray Bradbury I find myself slowly bobbing my head to a cloudy space jam of origins unknown. I dig it, so as to discover its maker I switch over to the iTunes library, which at the current is running strong at 83,687 possible listening options, and this is the song that is on.



I kid you not. Weird huh? I'm a little freaked out. Time for sandwiches and smoothies.

No comments: