Saturday, June 2, 2012

It Has Happened

I wake this morning with an unfettered sense of righteousness, no longer a feeling of persecution or looked poorly upon for my allegiances, my loyalties, and ultimately validating my hours upon hours spent watching for such life-altering moments. The sun seems to rise a little slower on this day yet with more urgency, the birds song is more lovely and forthright tho I thought it not possible, and my cup of steaming lemon lift is an unexpectedly delicious introduction to what appears to be a renewal of life, a new lease on pride and dignity as I now live in a world in which I can hold my head high, no matter how bright the orange and blue insignia emblazoned upon my chapeau of 100% wooly goodness may shine, giving me the free reign to never again hide behind the excuse of entrenchment in enemy geography or however severe the lack in most recent achievement may be, no longer can we be targeted as the butt of every joke, the proverbial ugly stepchild, the unfortunate and untimely victims of happenstance, I can raise my child to know that we have been reaffirmed as one in fate, a cosmic alignment has occurred and a universal wrong has been righted, and there is nothing anywhere that can ever take that away from us.*

Simply put, The New York Metropolitans have a no-hitter!

54556_n

For a team that's been counted out of the 2012 season since last October it's been a pretty decent season already. Last night was our World Series as far as I'm concerned, this season is already a great one. Maybe we'll make it out to the park.

Here's the entire top of the 9th in case you missed it, quality questionable.


Sorry Padres.

*nothing except maybe the bad call on Carlos Beltran's single just into fair territory in the 6th.

No comments: