Thursday, August 15, 2013

Watch What Woody Says


Still reeling from the what I consider the genius of his latest film, Midnight In Paris, I found this article listing film recommendations from Scorsese, Kubrick and Allen himself.

I've only seen three...

The 400 Blows (François Truffaut, 1959)


8½ (Federico Fellini, 1963)


Amarcord (Federico Fellini, 1972)


The Bicycle Thieves (Vittorio de Sica, 1948)


Citizen Kane (Orson Welles, 1941)


The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (Luis Buñuel, 1972)


Grand Illusion (Jean Renoir, 1937)


Paths of Glory (Stanley Kubrick, 1957)


Rashomon (Akira Kurosawa, 1950)


The Seventh Seal (Ingmar Bergman, 1957)


Saw Paths of Glory when I was mildly obsessed with WWI/II films around the release of Band of Brothers, Rashomon while misguidedly absorbing any/everything Japanese to prepare for travels, and Citizen Kane because, c'mon, it's Citizen Kane. Hasn't everyone? They were all awesome. So I guess I'll do the rest of this list. Right now...

No comments: