Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Guts Go Nuts On Cronuts

A few weeks ago we won the lottery. That is to say that after three weeks of trying we finally got thru to the Dominique Ansel bakery and got us some cronuts. I've never had to schedule a baked good before, nonetheless drive two hours to actually get it.

It was totally worth it

This is the line I didn't have to wait in

There they, are in all their coconut-y glory

I had to stop Laura from licking the box

I ate two right off

I led a little treasure hunt thru the city, of which the reward was the prize, but when I ran into Greg I just gave it to him

After a little thunderstorm came out of nowhere, basically cancelling our day in the city, we headed over to IKEA and got some ideas for all this home remodeling. Yuula ride me the whole time so, that was fun.

I have just the place for this

On the ride home I ate the final cronut, since they only have an 8 hour shelflife, and shed a single tear as the final flaky morsel dissolved in my mouth, knowing full well I will probably ne'ev gain dine on such a delectable confection. That is until I start making calls this Monday. September's flavor is figgy marscapone!

No comments: