Saturday, March 16, 2013

Turkish Cake From The Oz

I'm actually dropping everything right now to do a little write-up, a catch-up, because while probably nothing of any significance outside our lumber riddled abode has occurred, we here feel the progress has been made and have the strange desire to catalogue the whole dreadful experience. So...


I have been working quite a bit. I think I need a new chair because the padding on this one has worn down to almost nothing. I am metal on flesh. But we've been busy, and I can't complain. I feel like responsibilities are being awarded unto me, or rewarded maybe. Who knows. Big job that took us almost a year is finally {almost} behind us and we're moving right along. 

Other than that, in pretty much eery waking moment not spent boothing or feeding the child has been on this reconstruction, which honestly, I don't have too many complaints over. I mean, there have been the mini-battles of me versus the tape measure or me versus the screwdriver or me versus the level, but for the most part, things are actually coming together. The last I think you saw was a bunch of lumber in the shape of a closet. Now that lumber is hidden. Mostly. From the inside at least. But sheetrocking may be an aspect of this whole mess that I can possibly handle. I mean, don't get me wrong, I thank Buddha for the invention of spackle and 2" tape, but I think it's a masterpiece.


At some point we must've gone out because here's a photo taken Wednesday of Yuula eating something we clearly did not make at somewhere that is clearly not our dining room. That's right, we had to make a material run to the HD for some wood and so on. And we stopped in the Tile City to try and get a quote and instead got some Turkish cake from the owner Oz.


They definitely got our business now.


I guess the latest is that we finally have a "normal" sized opening from our bedroom to the hallway. It was only about 16 inches for a while there and things were getting ugly. But we're taking the rest of the weekend (which is really only Sunday) off and enjoying a good ol' visit from Eric and his Turkish cake.

No comments: