Thursday, March 7, 2013

Our Time Spent Building

Yeah. I've been neglecting leisure and journaling is leisure. But it's mostly journal-worthy stuff that's kept me away so, let me refresh.

This is what our dining room table has looked like...


And this is how my hair has been...


Our unexpected major construction project is well under way and I think we're making progress, but honestly, it's hard to tell. First we took down the stairs in the living room. A sad and trying project, almost like putting it out of its misery, but towards the end of the night it turned into a full-on demolition. But now we have the space...


Our house is held together with nails from the Cretaceous period, so that made things interesting and almost impossible...


We've been to Home Depot so many times Yuula's starting to think it's her new bedroom...



My carpentry skills have vastly improved but that's like saying your flying skills have vastly improved after you fall off the roof.


Then yesterday I built out the frame for our new closet. I hope we fit.


Laura had a little project going on herself just below me that made all the busted knuckles worth it.


Still a long way to go, electrical and maybe sheetrock this weekend and then who knows what. We haven't thought that far yet.

No comments: