Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Owens' Farm Found

We knew we had some family living nearby, further up the mountain. Family from my mothers side. Her fathers sister and her daughter, Eileen & Susie. When we finally found the house we realized we had driven past it, a couple of times, without even knowing. Nice big white farmhouse, perfect for exploring. I found a horse & an old truck. I wonder if they knew about them.

IMG_3408
IMG_3419

The house is split down the middle (literally) and we got the tour of Eileen's side. If I was a 70 year old woman, this would be exactly what I would want my house to look like. Perfect. Laura agreed.

IMG_3379

This creepy doll was the only thing I'd have to probably have to get rid of. I'd lie awake at night wondering when it was going to finally smother me in my sleep.

IMG_3398

Susie & Eileen took us out to eat at their local dive bar/restaurant/hotel called, The Hotel. Laura had the Georgie Porgie & I had a plate of pesto linguini. Quite delicious. Here's the snapshots I was able to sneak of our hosts. I got the feeling they don't like having any photographic evidence.

IMG_3431
IMG_3432

Good news is, now we know where they live, about half an hour over the mountain. We plan on going over to shovel up some horse crap. We need it. Really.

No comments: