Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We Got K-Rod

I realize I haven't mentioned diddly squat about anything to do with sports, especailly baseball, in awhile. Not much worth mentioning that's not just embarassing (like your star wide receiver shooting himself in the leg with his own illegally concealed weapon) but now...

This is how Mets fans should feel

I won't lie, I was caught off guard. I haven't really been paying attention to the off-season trades mainly because... well ... there haven't really been any yet. But leave it up to Minaya to break the ice and snatch up Francisco Rodriguez, aka K-Rod (original), the star closer for the Angels last season and the man who broke Bobby Thigpen's 18 year record for saves in a season. This dude is no joke, and considering the absolute cataclysm the Mets were running out of the bullpen last season this can't be anything but a major upgrade. Only scary part is that after Thigpen set the record back in 1990 he never even came close to those numbers for the rest of his career. Oh boy...

So I can say it. We got K-Rod! I will sing it! Not like a silly little Bow-Wow-Wow "I Want Candy" kinda tune. More like a "We Got Annie" kinda song & dance number, a little soft shoeing and harp playing kinda giddiness.


Check those moves by Punjab

No comments: