Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Raising A Lil' Jazz Cat

Apparently Yuula likes jazz music. I'm not sure where she learned that there is such a thing, I don't think the cartoons touch on music genres these days, and I'm not sure that she really knows what in fact she's asking for, but she seems to like what happens when she says "Can we hear some jazz?". How do you say no to that?

She doesn't like it all however. She wasn't digging the classic Charlie Parker stuff and hasn't quite yet gotten into Ornette Coleman, but that's okay, because neither did I til I was 27. She did make a valid point tho, in saying, "Daddy, there's lots of different jazz."

Correct.

These are some of her favorites so far...





1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

ok...I like the one that starts with drums and then a piccolo and the cover looks like they are swimming...the next one sounds like it could be from a Charlie Brown show...and the last one sounds like big band...
she has pretty good taste...she is unique...