Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I Still Wish To Go To The Festival

Somewhere in the annals of my photographic records, amongst the early guard, late middle school, height of pubescence I have a photo of a massive leg hanging over the side of a Broadway theatre, which at the time I assumed would be the most amazing photo I would ever take. Followed by my first big city purchase, ooh a soundtrack on laserdisc. I would later learn every song and navigate every twisted storyline to perfection. It may say something about my childhood that while none of the classic fairytales much appealed to my sense of wonder, but take those same characters and add sex, betrayal, and murder and NOW we're talking.

It may.

But now I find out that there are forces at work turning this dark little lovely into a full length feature film. Don't think Les Mis. Think more Rent. Hopefully they find a middle ground. But I did hear that Meryl Streep signed on, so how bad could it really be, I mean reeeeeaaaaally be? I'm kinda pulling for Bernadette Peters to reprise the role as the Wicked Witch, but I'm not getting my hopes up.



And on a side note, I always thought the guy who played The Baker was Cousin Larry from Perfect Strangers.

No comments: