Monday, July 15, 2013

22 Hours Of Food, Friends, And Face Painting

Our first day in Georgia was arguably also our busiest. After staying up past midnight with our arrival/greeting rituals we were up and out of the house around 5:30 to meet Christina for breakfast at the local IHOP where we dined with other early birds and were the youngest diners by at least 45 years.


We learned all about her new love, their plans for plans, and the ugly underbelly within the world of a modern day pinup girl. I had Peaches & Cream Brioche French Toast. Delectable.


Next was Budd. We used the excuse that I needed a new shirt and tie, which I did, but, it's complicated. Budd dragged us around his store, showed off our daughter to strangers, and gave us the skinny on his exciting news. It's hush hush. You know what? It's hush hush hush.


Then Christian for lunch, which we dragged Budd to as well, and solicited at Chili's way longer than any diner should. We never make it Chili's nowadays, so we stocked up on Southwestern Eggrolls. Don't judge.


When we got home I tried to take a nap, but the girls decided that they would take advantage of my stillness and try and paint my face like a dimestore hooker.


Yuula did her own too, but she somehow managed to still look cute.


Then Laura had to go out for Mariah's bachelorette party. I know nothing of the events of the evening. But I did find this photo on her phone, so... there was shrimp.


I took advantage of the wife being out and free babysitting to hit the town myself and went into town with the gang, meeting up at Rick's and then heading out for tacos in the rain and then a little live music at 529 in East Atlanta. Headliners were Takenobu and Weekend, but to me, Book of Colors was astounding. Got to meet the lead singer backstage and got the skinny. Remember that name. 

you won't

I got home at 3:30am

No comments: