Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Days That Get Away

C360_2012-08-08-13-47-33

Everyone looks forward to their off day. Laura's traditional Wednesday off has given us many a joyous afternoon's exploring the local markets or simply touring the mountain passes. Yesterday was not one of those days. We found a moment or two to relax and enjoy the sub 80 temperature, but mostly it was work. These storms have done a number on our once peaceful neighborhood. Last I counted there were 17 trees down within eyesight of our backyard. Yesterday I dragged six or seven of them out and started to trim them down. I have mad firewood, some would say. Laura spent most of the day trying to once again transplant a few things here or there. It has been the summer of relocation. Let's hope the deer relocate somewhere else for lunch. And then around 2 I started mowing the lawn. I realized that I may be the only person to step foot on every square inch of this property. Plus I'm using a lawnmower that is exceedingly more proficient when being pulled as opposed to pushed. So technically I kind of mowed the yard twice. But I didn't finish and I barely raked so... there's still more to do. Laura made a delicious lamb for dinner, and then we had to run some very small and cheap errands. I think we set a new record. Went out to three stores and only spent $7.34. Looking forward to her week off. As long as we don't let those days get away.

No comments: