Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back To Our Regular Programming

x2Dwl

Olympics are over. Opening ceremonies were awesome. Closing ceremonies even awesomer. Highlights were Brian May's psychedelic guitar solo, lightbulb hats and hoping one of the Spice Girls would be flung from the top of one of those cars.

tumblr_m8e6xupx521rdpa5go1_500
With all the drama around the gymnastic girls, this is all I found intriguing. Ha!

race-walk-start
Hey, did you know there was racewalking in the Olympics!?

lochte_winks
In 2008 we got a swimming idol. In 2012 we got a douchebag.

serena-crip-walk-
Look out! She's got a gold medal and a gun!

7437612
Pretty sure this isn't right.

528684_10151094648014390_1024349356_n
I never knew Pee Wee was still in such good shape.

30919
Whoops

Claressa-Shields
In possibly my only moment of national semi-pride, Claressa Shields won gold for boxing mostly on the dime of her hometown local supporters when the Olympics didn't step up and cover expenses. This wouldn't be a story if her hometown weren't Flint, Michigan.

5024191d33a0d.image
This is the one event I DVR'd to watch in it's entirety, since I did witness the loss to Japan in the World Cup and along with the nation was seeking a little revenge. Of course my mother told me the outcome before I could even get to the tellie (London) and the power went out and I lost cable in the last couple minutes of the match.

And now for the single best moment of maybe ANY Olympics ever...

mr-bean-2012-olympics-opening-ceremony-01-playing-keyboard

That's right. Sorry Olympians but Bean will steal just about any show anyday anytime.

req0Y
Take down those rings and hand em over to Rio de Janeiro. I'm actually looking forward to it.

No comments: