Friday, August 6, 2010

Stop The Season, I Wanna Get Off

hindenberg1
“You see, after Wednesday’s disgusting display in Atlanta, I’m pretty much done for the year… Call me a Fugazi, call me a quitter, call me whatever you want, but honestly, if the Mets and their owners don’t care, why the heck should I?”
-Bill Price, The Daily News

Yes, I’m glad to hear Mike Pelfrey say he takes responsibility for the other night. Wonderful. But, you still lost, Mike. I appreciate hearing the Mets talk about ‘stepping up.’ That’s great. But, they still lost. The reporters repeatedly tell us about how hard Luis Castillo, Jeff Francoeur, and others, are working before every game. That’s nice. But, they still make errors, go hitless and lose. Also, they’re making millions and millions of dollars, and we pay lots of money to watch them play, so I’d hope they’re working hard. I mean, it’s their job to work hard, isn’t it? So, congratulations, gentlemen, for doing what you’re supposed to do. I kinda don't wanna hear about ‘effort', only to see the team make bad throws, leave men on base and lose in a self-proclaimed ‘big game.’ I’m don't care if they think a pitcher had ‘great stuff,’ despite watching him give up five runs in five innings. They're losing me, and with football season peeking around the corner, I may find myself watching boring preseason games as opposed to watching the Mets puke all over themselves for the next two months. For tonight, they're in Philly, and it couldn't be a worse place to be. Let's see...

No comments: