Monday, April 28, 2008

A Quick Camp & I Am Sore

Another Cadet camp has come and gone. Best camp I've been to in a few years. Tons of kids, tons of staff, good roast beef, and it went by nice and quick. Helps when I'm only 90 minutes from home. My birthday fell on the Friday night portion of rehearsal, like it always seems to, but this year, thanks to internet networking like facebook, everyone in their mother knew, so the barrage of well wishers was overwhelming, but sweet. April even took me out to dinner & wrote me a touching card. Bennigan's hamburger pita may very well be the best gift birthday gift I ever got.
Lots of staffers for an audition weekend, but that was kinda fun. Old timers like me, Greg, Emma & Curtis who have the amazing ability to be M.I.A. for 8 months and pick up like it was the day after DCI. April back in the driver seat, baby bump and all, Daniel coming back and reviving his rightful position at my side, Brian making it seem all too easy to make the leap from member to teacher, and newcomers Rory & Michael rounded out the biggest staff turnout for an audition in my recent memory. And we were missing Michelle & Eric!

DSCN9444
Daniel in a rare moment of personal reflection

DSCN9446
Michael in a not-so-rare moment of deep sleep

DSCN9449
We were talking trash, I'm sure

DSCN9457
I don't exactly know what was going on here

DSCN9463
This jacket matches my new shoes all too perfectly

DSCN9464
Baby bump

Another camp in two weeks. I'll try and get better shots.

No comments: