Sunday, May 6, 2012

Eli Hilarious

eli2

OK, so I don't ever really watch SNL, but something about the prospect of Eli in all his awkward glory on live TV with yet another situation where the world will be comparing him to his older, much less socially inept brother, I couldn't resist. And you know he wasn't half bad. Yes he did stare at those cue cards with laserlike intensity and the delivery was on par with that of a 3rd grade play in the midwest but, he had his moments.

eli1

The courtcase skit was pretty hilarious. Showed he wasn't afraid to look as dumb as everyone knew he would. Seemed like he kind of embraced it. The motion capture skit was pretty awkward (mostly because of the actual SNL regulars) but the intent made me laugh out loud and the sandwich eating celebration was pulled off. I want to see him do that for real on the field next season. And everyone knew he'd attempt a a fake organization commercial like Peyton did to perfection, but I didn't expect it to be so poignant. Pretty funny.


Well done Eli. I'm glad you're my quarterback.

No comments: